Indonesia Open Vacancies
Please find below “ ” in Mercy Corps Indonesia.
We are trying to find the best possible candidates to make the Mercy Corps team stronger.
Program/Department Summary – Healthy Start Program
Mercy Corps’ – Healthy Start Program aims to create sustainable and scalable models of quality breastfeeding supports in health facility, community, wokplace and policy setting. The program works to:
1. Improved knowledge, skills, attitudes and practices regarding early initiation and exclusive breastfeeding among public and private healthcare providers.
Improved knowledge, skills, attitudes and practices regarding early initiation and exclusive breastfeeding in the communities of the
Creation, adoption and enforcement of policies regulating practices of healthcare facilities and providers, and marketing practices of companies producing breast milk substitutes and related baby products to ensure an enabling environment for early initiation and exclusive breastfeeding.
The program’s activities include training health care providers to become breast feeding counselors and training motivators who then start(MSGs) in their neighbourhoods. It is crucial that the quality of the counseling given by trained counselors and the support given at MSGs is assessed and research is conducted into how these services can be improved.
It is one of the aims of the Healthy Start project that it will be replicated across Indonesia. Evidence that demonstrates the effectiveness of breastfeeding support models developed in Healthy Start Program will be crucial in advocating for its inclusion in breastfeeding promotion programs across Indonesia. For this reason, intensive and quality monitoring, evaluation and research activities are crucial in Healthy Start Program.
1. Research Assistant
The research assistant will:
1. Assist Healthy Start M&E Coordinator to develop questioners/ interview guides for Healthy Start quantitative and qualitative studies.
2. Conduct interviews and facilitate in Healthy Start qualitative studies.
3. Compile the data collected from qualitative studies and summarize the themes that emerge.
4. Supervise data collection and entry in Healthy Start quantitative studies to ensure and accuracy.
5. Coordinate with Healthy Start Project Coordinators/ Officer/District Facilitators to ensure for the implementation of Healthy Start studies.
6. Coordinate with Healthy Start Administration Coordinator/ Assistant to organize logistics for the implementation of Healthy Start studies/evaluation.
7. Assist the Healthy Start team with their tasks, ensuring the database is updated in a timely fashion
8. Involve and coordinate data entry in Healthy Start assessment on the implementation of ‘Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding’ in health facilities.
9. Assist Breastfeeding Counselors and Motivators in documenting their activities.
10. Assist Healthy Start M&E Coordinator in other tasks as required.
Must have experience with
Must have experience organizing and supervising
Must demonstrate an ability to communicate and build relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds
Experience using Excel, Access and EpiInfo highly desirable
Please send your CV with position applied on the email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org. org before: 17 March 2009.
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Mercy Corps Indonesia
New Email names for you!
Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.
Hurry before someone else does!
http://mail. promotions. yahoo.com/ newdomains/ sg/