LOWONGAN NGO/LSM CCF – Child Protection Specialist
CCF is an international child focused development agency working in
33 countries to create lasting and meaningful change in the lives of
more than 10.5 million vulnerable, deprived and excluded children,
families and communities, regardless of race, creed, gender or
national origin. In CCF has been operating for 34 years
since 1973, in areas where the need is the greatest and currently
reaches out to 900,000 children and family members in partnership
with 50 local NGOs spread across 8 provinces. For more information
please visit http://www.christianchildr ensfund.org
CCF Indonesia is currently seeking:
Position : Child Protection Specialist
Reports to :
Location : CCF-Indonesia National Office
The Child Protection specialist will take a thematic lead on child
protection and participation. The specialist’s role will be that of
a resource person to country programme teams and partners to provide
added assistance in addressing across all
programmes. S/he will report to the Programme Manager.
Areas of responsibility
• Ensure that all stakeholders of CCF understand and follow
organization’ s child protection policy.
• To work with the country senior management team to develop
child protection programme for the country, in line with local needs
and laws, and within CCF global priorities.
• Support the development of new concept notes and proposals
related to child protection and participation.
• Train staff in CF and projects on developing their
understanding of child rights, protection and participation
• Review existing workplans to advise on addressing child
protection and participation issues
• Contribute to development of annual operating plan to ensure
that child protection and participation issues get addressed in
• Work with all CCF partners to develop strategies to
effectively integrate child protection and participation into their
• Ensure mainstreaming children’s participation and ensuring
that programming is sensitive to issues of diversity and
discrimination including, age, gender, disability, religion, etc
• To support the programme teams in strengthening community
based child protection monitoring, prevention and response work.
• To work on the M&E team systems to provide technical support
to community-based development and monitoring of impact of child
protection and participation programme
• To support and advise Area teams and project staff to ensure
that , child protection issues and children’s
participation are given due consideration in all our field projects
• Identify and engage in advocacy opportunities to influence
key stakeholders to promote child participation and protection.
• Participating in key working groups on the issue with
Government, other INGOs, , NGOs, children’s organisations, and
other appropriate partners (Human rights groups, media, police,
• To support NGO partners and children’s organisations to
engage in practice and policy level advocacy opportunities at local,
provincial and national levels on key issues affecting children.
• Documentation of experiences and sharing best practices
• Train staff and partners on the
• Work closely with relevant sections of DEPSOS to ensure that
CCF’s work is recognized and linked up with the Government of
Indonesia’s initiatives in this field.
• Represent CCF-Indonesia in appropriate national and
• Any other responsibility as assigned by the Program
• Skills and experience in child rights work and child
• Strong skills in capacity building
• Knowledge and skills in participatory approaches, notably
involving young people and children.
• Ability to produce successful project proposals and high
• Experiences in community mobilization, Children education,
community based activities in child protection, participatory
research, children’s participation, networking & advocacy with
government & the civil society.
• Ability to conceptualize
• Ability to influence others
• Strong knowledge and skills of program cycle management
• Good understanding of child issues in Indonesia
• Having technical expertise and/or experiences in one of the
following fields: health, education and/or livelihood
• Ability to deliver technical assistance to local communities
• Good facilitation and training skills.
• Project Management
Key Competencies required
• Excellent English writing and speaking skills
• Results orientation
• Building Relationship
• Inter-personal Skills
• Planning Skills
• Critical thinking and Decision making
• Strong written communication skills
• Good computer skills (MS.Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet
• Attention to details, good analytical skills, honest, highly
responsible, reliable and Good Team Player.
• Willing to take initiative
• Highly sensitive to local culture and values
• Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously and act
proactively in an effective/ efficient manner to ensure timeliness &
quality of outputs.
• Post-graduate degree in Development Studies, Anthropology,
Sociology, Social Work, Psychology or other relevant social sciences
• At least 5 years experience
• Experience in child participation/ protection programs is
Please transmit CV and cover letter (in English) with the post title
on the subject line explaining why you are qualified for these
positions to merry@ccfindonesia. org, cc yuni@ccfindonesia. org by
close of business day of MARCH 6, 2009. Please put in the CV your
current or last salary/benefits amount and expected salary/benefits
for this position.
CCF URGENTLY needs to fill in these vacancies. Short listing and
interview decision will be taken AS SOON AS AN APPLICATION IS
RECEIVED and a CANDIDATE CAN BE SELECTED BEFORE THE DEADLINE FOR